2020 was a tough year all around. As the world went into pandemic-fueled lockdowns, travel bans, and closures, marketers and retail companies had to find new ways to engage their customers, sustain their businesses and find new opportunities for growth leading to an accelerated shift from physical retail to ecommerce. Rokt’s award-winning AI and ecommerce technology delivered smarter, faster, and better solutions to clients across industries driving record-breaking growth for our partners and our business.
Here’s our 2020 recap:
- Rokt helped our clients deliver in 2020: We provided LuckyVitamin a 200% increase in ancillary revenue with Rokt Ecommerce, boosted a global online travel agency’s app installs by 218%, and helped a leading global fashion retailer outperform Facebook with Rokt Ads (acquiring 285K new email subscribers!)
- The Rokt platform processed over 3 million transactions this Black Friday, up 60% YoY. We saw more people than ever before transacting online on Black Friday, previously reserved for mostly brick and mortar retail.
- Our $US80m Series D investment in October was one of the largest NYC tech rounds of 2020. This allows us to accelerate research & development and support the expansion of our client base into new verticals and geographies.
- Our technology was recognized by MarTech Breakthrough awards as the Best Use of AI in MarTech. Technological advancements in our Machine Learning algorithms have increased Value Per Transaction by 3.5% for our Rokt Ecommerce clients.
- The Rokt board of directors added 3 new members in 2020: Bill Magnuson – CEO of Braze, Katie May – previous CEO of ShippingEasy.com, and Phit Lian Chong – former CEO of Jetstar Asia. Our executive team appointed a new Chief Technology Officer, Chief People Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Deputy Chief Financial officer, and SVP of Marketing.
- We were delighted to announce Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland as the latest additions to a growing list of global markets we operate in which also includes the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Japan.
- We grew our team of Rokt’stars to over 250 across 6 global offices. We continued hiring, committing to diversity and investment in employee wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic, and were certified as an official Great Place To Work and recognized by Crain’s New York Business as one of the region’s fast-50 companies.
We could not have done any of this without our clients and our incredibly dedicated group of Rokt’stars. A big thank you to all who joined us on this journey as we continue to unlock the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
To join our growing team visit Rokt.com/careers.